Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Berlin!

We made it to Berlin!  The flight to JFK was ok.  The head stewardess was kind of by-the-book and short tempered, but it was still an enjoyable flight.  I sat next to Barbara, she is the lady in charge of the trip, and I got to know her a little bit better.  She's really nice and easy to talk with.  When we arrived at JFK, we had a four hour layover so we just sat around, played euchre, ate dinner/late lunch, and walked around.  It was really nice bonding time.  I taught Eric how to play euchre, and we just got to know everyone a little better.  A lot of the guys are engineering majors.  One of the girls from California is an English major, so I'm not the only "art" major here.  Another one of the girls, Kim, reminds me a lot of Kathy Rohrs.  It's kind of odd.

The flight to Berlin was actually nice.  They served us dinner, gave us drinks, had movies.  The stewardesses were a lot more lenient about letting people up out of their seats and walking around, even if the fasten seat belt sign was on.  A lot of us used the time as a bonding experience, talking about what movies and music we liked.  I did that until about midnight before I decided to sleep.  It was pretty nice.  I slept four or four and a half hours, but it was enough for me.  

When we arrived in Berlin, we hung out for a while waiting on the bus to take us to the hostel.  Once we got to the hostel, we dropped off our luggage and went to get some lunch.  Most of us went and got chicken and fries.  Some went for coffee and others went for pastries and bread.  Tomorrow, we'll actually start going to the campuses and doing evangelism.  I'm really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment