Sunday, June 13, 2010

Indianapolis

The time has come.  I have made it to Indianapolis and am leaving for Berlin in less than 12 hours.  I'm really excited.  The group really seems great.  So far we all are getting along and making friendships.  When I first arrived, I felt slightly out of place.  A lot of people know each other from school or they were on the trip last year.  Now, I feel comfortable and fine.  The leaders are really nice.  They have a lot of ideas and plans for us, so I'm excited.  The one thing I'm not totally happy with is that I won't have time for my own devotional.  I get that we are doing one as a group, but it would be nice to continue the one I've been doing for 8 months or so.  Hopefully when I get back I pick it up again.  Even though I'm sad I'll stop doing my devotional, I'm excited to start this one with a group of people.  I think it will be good for my growth.  

After meeting Olivia and Kenny, the other two I'm leading worship with, we talked about what we want to play for worship.  I'm still a little nervous about that.  I haven't really performed in front of anyone since I was 15, and even then I didn't sing.  But I know God will be the one leading through me.  He will give me strength and confidence.  I guess the one thing I'm most nervous about is that people won't get into the worship because of something I do or don't do.  But I trust that God will provide; He got me this far, why wouldn't He take me the rest of the way?

I probably won't write for a while.  Tomorrow begins a long two days of traveling, unpacking, and getting adjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment