Thursday, June 17, 2010

Freie

Today worship went better.  Olivia and I played together and I think it was so much better having her sing and play rhythm while I played whole notes and lead lines.  I still kind of rush things since I prefer 6/8 over 4/4.  We played The Stand and Inside Out.

We went to Freie Universitaet today.  Its much more modern looking with buildings made out of steel and glass instead of brick.  At first I didn't really like how it looked, but it grew on me.  It's much more like an American university, most buildings are centrally located.  Austin and I were again paired up together.  I like him.  He's a really nice guy and I enjoy spending time with him.  We only had one conversation today and the guy was really apathetic to religion.  He said he believed in God but didn't feel like he needed a relationship with Christ or why he needed one.  We tried to explain to him why he needed a relationship with Christ but he didn't really care.  He was still really nice to talk with.  After the conversation, we decided to sit a while and pray and talk about how to go about talking with some other people now that we were out of the Mensa.  Ultimately, we sat talked and hung out with each other until Stephanie and Kim sat down with us outside.  There is a lot of grass and trees on Freie but its really unkempt.  It was really hot today, about 24 degrees Celsius and I was wearing pants and a long sleeve black and grey shirt.  I decided to buy a FU shirt before we prayed as a group.  I feel little awkward praying in groups.  Prayer, to me, is a time that I can talk with God personally and I just think back to what Jesus said about praying in public when I pray in groups unless its with certain people I'm really close with.  I feel like it loses some of its honesty, but its good because it forces me to be more open with others.  After our group prayer, we wanted to split up with people we hadn't worked with yet to go on a prayer walk but Austin and I are the only two guys on our team right now so we tend to do everything together.  We are spending a lot of time splitting up by gender and part of it is nice but another part seems odd.  I know as two guys going to share, it feels odd to approach a girl and be like "want to talk about Jesus?"  It just seems intimidating.  But I think/hope that will change.

Last night for dinner, I had kangaroo.  It was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment