Saturday, June 19, 2010

Free days

Yesterday we decided to not go to the third campus.  As a team we decided it was important for us to watch the Germany - Serbia game.  It was an ok game.  We went to a Biergarten and had a lot of fun.  We got there late so we didn't get good seats.  After the game a lot of people left and went exploring, while six of us stayed and watched the USA - Slovenia game.  It was great bonding time.  Michael Bradley was definitely the hero of the night.  I will say that I think the USA got robbed on having that goal called back.  But that's the last I'll say of that.

Today was another free day.  This morning, Kenny, Alyssa, Jenna, Christina and myself went to a Starbuck's like place for our quiet time and coffee.  It was really fun.  The place we went was kind of out of the way, but it was really enjoyable.  I did my devotionals and then read a little bit from "Fireseeds".  Its all about revival and I think it's an appropriate book for what we're doing.  I wasn't feeling drained when I read it this morning, but after reading a chapter from it I felt more energized about sharing my faith with German students..  After that, we went on a four hour walking tour of Berlin.  It was really awesome to see some of the sites and just hang out with the team.  We saw the Brandenburg Gate, the Bundestag, a couple of really old cathedrals.  One of the cathedrals was for the French Huguenots, one for the German Lutherans, and one for the German Catholic church.  It was really just so beautiful.  Prussian architecture is just wow.  For dinner, we ate a biergarten.  I had a pork knuckle and some non-alcoholic green beer.  The pork knuckle was really incredible.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was really great.  Its definitely a food Americans would like.

Tomorrow, we're going to three separate churches in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment